There are few things as draining and discouraging as hating a job. Getting a paycheck on Friday is nice, but if the preceding five days were miserable, it’s usually little consolation.
When this was my reality, I dreaded going to work and it depleted my energy. I lived for the weekend and was sad every Sunday night.
After many years of living this way, I figured out what I wanted from my work and what I enjoyed. I learned how to persistently and bravely go after what I wanted.
What I experienced and learned from my career path motivated me to help others do the same thing. Now I get great fulfillment and energy vicariously through those I coach. It’s become more than a job for me – it’s my mission.
Darlene’s Certifications and Degrees
- Associate Certified Coach: ICF
- Whole Person Certified Coach (WPCC)® Accredited Coach Training Program (ACTP): Coach Training World
- Certified in Korn Ferry 4D and 360: Korn Ferry
- Certified Crucial Conversations facilitator: VitalSmarts
- Certified Professional Career Coach: CPCC
- Certified MBTI facilitator: Center for Applications of Psychological Type
- Senior Professional in HR: Society for Human Resource Management
- Graduate Certificate in Training and Development: Portland State University
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics: Willamette University